Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Wheel of Mis-fortune

Well... as I sit in my lab trying to introspect as to why things have gone they way they have gone today, Here I am typing this out... for the better of me, or so I think....

So... anyways, as i said... or may be I dint... but yeah... it was a forgetful day today... to actually start with India losing yet again to SA badly without much fight absolutely. Anyways, as the match ended and I was certainly hungry and wanted some Indian food badly. So, I set off on this mission to search for potential seniors with cars, who could accompany us to the resturant and give us a ride in their car, for the nearest resturant was like 8-10 miles away. Since today was potentially a bad day, no senior was interested in going plus they were busy with finishing work for the upcoming week. But couple of my frens and me were pretty desperate to eat in this Indian resturant. So, we had this very wild idea of taking the bus to that place. Well, I call it wild because, Albuquerque's public transport system sucks. We have a bus like every half hour on the busiest of busy roads and its more like once an hour on an average. We had to board two buses and reach the resturant.

But since, we were desperate, we took off on this mission to getting to this Indian resturant for the Afternoon buffet. We started off at 12:30PM, knowing very well that the buffet closes by 2:30PM, so we had two hours to reach the place and finish eating. Anyways, our first bus came in no time and we were very happy that the travel had started off well. We reached the next bus stop (where we had to get down and wait for another bus) in like 15min. After that, we realised that we had to wait like 20 min for the next bus. So, we had this wild idea of actually walking down the road and then reach a certain busstop on the road by 20min, so that the bus eventually turns up there and also with the idea of making us more hungry to eat more indian food. Well, we did walk... walk.... walk... and finally reached a busstop, when we thought it was enough and then started waiting for the bus. (This road was potentially, not a very busy road and so the bus frequency was once an hour) So, as we waited till like 01:30(that was like half and hour after we had got down).. the bus finally arrived.... and to our horror... DIDN'T STOP at the bus stop.... guess why... because we had stood about 10 feet away from the board that said 'BUS STOP' and the driver assumed that there was no one in the stop and continued on his mission.

I was f**kin pissed off... not knowing wat to do now... had come all the way to eat... and I had like another 2(1/2) miles to go. We dint even have the energy (and ofcourse no time as well) to walk and reach the place. So, sadly, we returned home, taking the bus in the other direction. Near by, we stopped at our usual hangout place, had a pizza and went back home and slept(we were kinda very tired, you see after that marathon for absolutely nothing)

I just gotup like half an hour back and have started re-typing my term paper because some virus has apparently deleted all the files from the department hard disk, where all my files were stored. Well... On this kind of a day, a sunday, when people actually relax for the week ahead, here I am.... sloggin off, burning my midnight oil for absolutely no mistake of mine....

Well.. two things I want to point out about the USA here, which I never expected... Very bad public transport facilities and a server without a fire wall... oh my god... hopefully, this will be cleared off and we should get some good work done in the coming days....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home