Friday, March 24, 2006

The Road to Employment (Part II)

Thus started my never ending(or thats what I'd thought) journey for a JOB. Well, Its not always a bed of roses, you see.. You gotta deal with the thorns sometime or the other. So, Its Saarang time and was very busy with most of my ticket saleswork, there by letting quite a few companies go. This was the golden age for the wing. Two out of the three Ashwin's managed to get placed. Jumper got placed in PWC, while Khatta in GLOBAL ANALYTICS. This was on Choreo night 25thJan 2006. The entire Saarang was merry, peaceful, fun-filled and also had its serious elemnt for me for I was a co-ord taking care of the tickets. Saarang ended on 29th, and thus restarted my quest for a JOB. Samsung came on 30th, took away most of the left over elec junta. I didn't sit for it assuming it was a software kind job, only to realise lately that it did have an hardware section. But, I did sit for COSMIC CIRCUITS the next day. The test was peaceful, was the only Btech to get throught the test and then went to the interview. Interview was good, was able to answer all their questions. I wanted that JOB desperately and I knew, if they had to take somebody, it would be me. But, cosmic was more that what I imagined. It took nobody... can you believe it?? I was shattered that day, imagining how bad my luck was. Apparently, they wanted someone very enthu about Analog Circuits to actually take the job. One really hopes there is someone for their job. Then, as usual every day, make this holy trip to the placement office, check for companies... I was getting restless, especially looking at all junta around me getting placed and me, the lone person left... Then came KLA TENCOR some genmaax company, which tried to put hazaar pseud in all its instruments it made... the people never ever had a clear understanding of a particular subject.. they expected ppl to know things from a bird's eye point of view.. something lacking in me... and as the fate rode the horse like it has been doing all these days, i was once again let lose and thrown into the sea of disaster... one disaster after another... i guess i was immune to it now.. and i kept making the holytrip again and again... somehow, the IITM placement office was not a very lucky place for me.. all my interviews here fluncked.... so, the change of place did it all... This company called CHARTERED SEMICONDUCTORS had come before offering a handsome salary in terms of Indian Rupees... was supposedly a FAB... and guess what, me best suited for devices... obviously was their best choice... my interview was at Tnagar... so the place also made a difference... and finally after a real rough patch... I DID IT... I GOT A JOB..... I was very happy... went everyplace to cheer... jumped up and down... went all the way... this side and that side... and finally I was very happy... happy all the way... But will I take the Job, will some university sweep me off my feet? lets see what happens... but for now... I'm very happy :)